Thursday, June 13, 2013

My team is out, so why am I tired?

So that's what it's like to watch a hockey game without having heart palpitations. It wasn't calm, to say the least, as it went into a third overtime. But not having a stake in the outcome let me sit back and enjoy well-played hockey. Both teams' goalies looked outstanding as ever. It really was hockey at its finest. I won't lie, it was nice to see Chicago take that game, but I see a long hard battle for both teams. I have no prediction as to who'll walk away with this cup.

In Pens news, this was just posted on NHL's site:

"The Pittsburgh Penguins have agreed to terms with forward Evgeni Malkin on an eight-year $76 million contract extension, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

The deal begins with the 2014-15 season and runs through the 2021-22 campaign, and has an average annual value of $9.5 million. He will earn $9.5 million for each of the eight seasons."

9.5 million! There are no words but "wow." And why didn't I marry a professional hockey player? (love you, Mark).


So are we Geno. So are we.

And then there's the contact extension of coach Bylsma. I'm happy about it. I think he's done a better than fine job with his team and deserves to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment