Saturday, June 8, 2013

And Scene.

A sweep. A shut out. A defeat. A loss for words. It's too early to wish the Bruins well and mean it, but they earned a spot in that final. We didn't. It's not worth my trying to figure out why that was- that's for Ray, Mario, Dan and the rest of the Pens organization to dissect. But right now I'm sad and embarrassed that this was the end result. Sure, they made it to the Eastern Conference finals, there's certainly something to be said for that. But the team I watched during the regular season did not show up for this series. 

I'll miss my team during this offseason and hope that next year is finally "our year." The beauty of hockey is that it'll be back before I know it, but what that team's roster (and even coaching staff) will look like is unclear. See you in October, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment