Thursday, June 6, 2013

Is this really happening?!

I prayed for a miracle, but even Jesus had to eventually go to sleep.

Two cities (and their corresponding fans) woke up this morning exhausted. After  two gut (and heart) wrenching OTs, one city is elated, while the other is cranky. I'm cranky.


I asked for at least a good show, and a good show we got. Even if it meant the game carrying over to the next day, and even though it ultimately meant a loss. We fought hard and looked much better than the two prior games. We outshot, won the majority of the regulation face offs, but we still didn't have the same rhythm withnessed during the regular season. And this guy is playing like he's not from this planet.


Pittsburgh Penguins for Life posted this picture of Mario this morning.


I'd like to call it, "Mario is not impressed." Neither is McKayla.



My guess is that if he could, Mario would suit up and try to get his guys back in this series. Hell, he'd be playing againt Jagr. What a crazy, amazing spectacle that would be.

I was very much hoping that Sid would score in the second OT when his helmet popped off. I was also praying that he wouldn't get slammed into the boards. Although...perhaps that would have knocked some sense into him. He's looked different in this series, and when I say different, I mean bad. Not our captain. Surely not the best player in the NHL. Is it too late to blame the SI curse?

I'm not admitting defeat just yet, but it's not looking good for the Pens. I'm disappointed that a team with this much talent can't finish the job. I'm also guessing that this is our last season with Pascal Dupuis. The best line in hockey may be dismantled without achieving the ultimate win.

I love football, but I was thinking about the NFL season and playoff process compared to the grueling nature of hockey and it just doesn't compare. I'm mentally spent, and we didn't even have a full season. Multiple nights a week glued to my tv, fully commited to my team, living each win and loss like it were my own. When it's over, it's like a relationship ending. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that breakup...

No comments:

Post a Comment