Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Hab-nots.

Any reservations I'd had about the Brenden Morrow trade are gone. Not only did Morrow have three points from last night's game against the Habs, but he clearly dislikes PK Subban as much as I do. You're welcome, Boston (and thanks  SB Nation for this video).

 
Last night, all the newcomers finally looked like one cohesive unit. Sutter (although he hardy feels new) and Morrow each ended the night with two goals, while Murray scored his first goal in 147 games, ending the longest active drought in NHL. Congrats to Jerome Iginla for his 1,100th point. And congrats for looking like this:
I'm amazed by the strength of this team despite the loss of some of our big time players. I'm hoping that the ultimate return of Crosby, Malkin, Neal and Martin only improves our chances of a strong playoff run.  

After the Pens game, I flipped to Bruins/Sabres with about 5 minutes to go. I watched as the Sabres fought back, scoring with 26 seconds to go, and ultimately beating the Bruins in a shoot out. I love shootouts. Even though it's certainly less stressful to win in regulation, it's one of my favorite elements of hockey (it helps that my team is undefeated in shootouts this year).
But even better than (or despite) the shootout , the most inspiring moment was the stick salute from both teams. Last night, everyone was a Bruins fan. Tomorrow, game on.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment