Monday, April 22, 2013

Enough with the Matt Cooke Hating.

Yes, it's plausible that only Penguins fans truly believe Matt Cooke has transformed his style of playing (although I think his decrease in penalty minutes make that a fact rather than an opinion, but still...). I get the fact that other teams don't like him. I get that the Ottawa Senators are looking for retribution tonight for taking out Erik Karlsson earlier in the season. I'm even amused by the creativity of "hatefest" and the accompanied "Wanted" poster.


But a forensic study to prove that Matt Cooke intentionally injured Karlsson is a bit much (as is comparing him to a murderer). Perhaps I like to see the good in (most) people, but really?? Next someone is going to say that a Zdeno Chara fed Kris Letang some poisoned chowda (poor guy can't catch a break!).  Everyone's welcome to their opinion of who's a "dirty" player, but I wish to believe that NHL players (Cooke included) respect the game enough that they don't go out with the intention to maim someone.

So what will happen in tonight's game against the Sens? Will they seek retribution? Will the gloves come off as soon as Cooke takes the ice? I'm sensing some five minute majors before we even get to the first tv time out.





No comments:

Post a Comment