Thursday, April 24, 2014

I hate you because I love you.

It's Kris Letang's birthday and I don't feel like celebrating.

Unlike two nights prior, I wasn't screaming. Perhaps a few cheers early on (after all, the first period had the Pens looking like rock stars), but there were no words, even curse words, to explain the total meltdown that unfolded in the third. Every year, I'll yell at the tv the same phrase: "GET IN YOUR GOAL." Why won't MAF listen? While I don't blame the loss on Flower (did Geno even have a shot on goal?), it was a careless move that sent us to OT instead of wrapping up a win.

Going to sleep is not an easy task after a loss like that. The conversation with my husband went something like (OK, exactly like) this:

Me: heavy sighs
Mark: "calm down honey, you're not on the team"

I know I need to take this less seriously. I thought about not watching game five, but who am I kidding? I'll be glued to it. I'll be hoping to recognize my team again.


No comments:

Post a Comment