Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I love when we win...by a lot.

When the Sens scored their SECOND short-handed goal of the series early in last night's game 4, I was worried. Would Ottawa keep the Pens on their heels? Would we be be back and forth like ping pong, matching goal for goal and giving me a heart attack?

Well, perseverance paid off. The Pens scored SIX unanswered goals and ended game 3 with a final score of 7-3. 

                           


Geno predicted that James Neal would have a good night, and did he ever. A pair of goals.

                           


As did Iggy. Speaking of #12, I'll take a moment to poke fun at my father-in-law. A Pittsburgh native, he is the reason we support the black and gold. He's also an avid card collector, so one day he lets me know that he's found Iginla's rookie card (for my nephew, also a Pens fan). Well, all I needed to hear was him talking about "Jeremy" and we never let that go.  Jerome! I shouted. When Iggy scored last night, we called him and shouted, JEREMY!! and hung up. Not as funny when I tell it here, sorry readers, but I promise it was cute/endearing. 

So a win tomorrow can end the series. There's a pretty good chance that Boston will close theirs tonight. We're currently watching the Bruins/Ranges and wondering why it's so quiet at MSG- the crowd and the players. While I normally wouldn't dare say this, I'll say it now. C'mon Rangers! Put up a fight. This is an elimination game! I think all Pens fans would like to see the Rangers make this a close series. If we're going to play the Bruins (yes, perhaps it's too early to make these assumptions and I hope I don't eat these words), we want them sorta worn out, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment