Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Same old story?

The dreary weater matches my mood this morning, and I assume Marc-Andre Fleury's as well. While the entire team seemed disjointed (as they have in the past three games), you can barely blame an offense that scores four goals in a game. While I certainly believe the Pens' offense needs tighening, this loss, as most will agree, falls on MAF. We saw it happen last year against the Flyers, and every Pens fan's biggest fear is that we're reliving it.


The Pens hired a veteran backup for a reason. It's time to bring in Vokoun. Or perhaps TK will suit up (considering he hasn't played offense thus far in the series). Hell, I'll settle for this kid.


There was chatter and superstition regarding the latest Sports Ilustrated cover:

 
One word bombarded twitter feeds and Facebook comments: CURSE. Would Sid's mug on the cover result in the Pens playoff demise? No wories, a SI cover story jinx is the least of their concerns.

Speaking of Sid, he's had it rough on LI. Injury after injury seems to happen at Nassau Coliseum. I do understand that pretty much every non-Pens fan dislikes Crobsy. It's like how I feel about Ovechkin. But the guy broke his jaw and Isles fans erupt with cheer when he's hit in the throat with a puck? Classless.

On a happier note, congrats to Kris Letang for the Norris Trophy finalist.


I'm crossing my fingers for Kris. This may, afterall, be the only trophy a Penguin receives this year.

All kidding aside, I want to have faith in my beloved Penguins. I think we need to start playing like the underdog 8th seed who'll leave everything out on that ice. We don't necessarily need a repeat of game 1, but we need a momentum shift. No stupid penalties, no unnecessary retaliation out of frustration. Let's get a win at home tomorrow and look like the team that deserved it. I will not abandom my Pens but I ask that they give a little in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment