Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Never a dull moment.

I thought it would be much calmer watching a non-Pens hockey game last night, but game 7 of the Bruins/Leafs series was pure insanity. My husband and I watched as Toronto scored, scored, and scored some more. I pictured the frustration, shock and anxiety on my Boston friends' faces, and even when the Bruins decreased their defecit to two, I didn't think there was enough time. Clearly neither did many Bruins fans that started to exit TD Garden. Toronto fans were elated.



But never rule out the Bruins.

The momentum shifted. Perhaps the Leafs eased up because of their decent lead and little time left in the period. The Bruins didn't throw in the towel, while Marchand encouraged the fans to throw theirs, allowing for a bit of a breather for the team, as well as an annoucement asking fans to STOP throwing the towels (with threats of arrest!).  The game went into overtime and despite great effort from the Leafs, Boston now moves on.

And then there's the elimination of Alex Ovechkin. I actually think he's an extremely talented (yet cocky) player, so of course I don't like him and want his playoff run over. This picture sums it up best.


Congrats to Sid for the Bill Masterton Memorial finalist nod. With three nominations total, I'm pretty certain he'll walk away with something. I know he'd (and I'd) rather that something be the Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment