Friday, February 14, 2014

Olympic hockey has begun!

Thank you snow Gods for giving my job a reason to close yesterday. Snow day = hockey day! I'd also like to give special thanks to Keurig and my comfy couch for adding to this already wonderful event.
I was NOT up at 3am, but I was happy to hear that Maatta and Jokinen rocked it (like I knew they would). I was up in plenty of time (like a girl on Christmas morning) to watch Disco Dan lead Team USA to a beyond impressive first win. I was so proud to be an American.
And then at noon my Canadian alter-ego kicked in. And while that battle was a little bit tighter, it was nice to end the afternoon with ALL of my Pens players coming away from game 1 with wins.  I know that won't always be the case. I'm hoping that it doesn't come down to USA/Canada in the end because my heart will be torn between my coach/country and my captain, however if you show me more clips of Zach Parise and his messy hair I could certainly be swayed.



No comments:

Post a Comment