Monday, February 17, 2014

Holy Hockey Weekend!

#SochiOshie. #OshieFever. These were just some of the hastags that took over Twitter Saturday morning. And I drank the Kool-Aid. Here's a kid I'd barely heard of giving one of the most remarkable shoot out performances I've seen. I watched it live in, oddly enough, my chiropractor's office. Thank goodness for technology, as a young boy sitting next to me and I watched simultaneously on our iphones, giving the office updates with every shot. The rules for the shoot out are so different than the NHL- I didn't know that until I saw Oshie back again. And again. And again. It was such an amazing moment in hockey history.


I bet A LOT more people woke up to watch the USA yesterday because of what they saw happen on Saturday. Maybe these types of moments will show others what I've been preaching for years: hockey is awesome in the truest sense of the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment