Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I love hockey nights.

I do. They get me through my day, and when there's no hockey, I think to myself "what am I going to do tonight?" and wait for the next night's game.

Thankfully there's been quite a few exciting games recently- some in which we've built a comfortable lead, others have been "holy crap, did that just happen" comeback moments. Nothing made me happier than waking my husband to tell him, "Pens beat Toronto in a shoot out."

Tonight the Penguins face Long Island. Only thing about LI that I like? John Tavares and a few family members (mine, not his).  For some reason, despite their abysmal standing and mere 20 points, the Pens often struggle with the Islanders. Lately we've struggled with many divisional opponents, which is troubling considering we're clearly seen as the sub-par division. I've read it plenty of other places- dominating the Metropolitan Division could mean very little on the road the the cup. Nonetheless, it's an important first step.

So tonight's our chance to extend our divisional lead. It's a chance for Malkin to "wow" us some more, after breaking away from the non-goal scoring slump that hung over his head for too long. Maybe tonight we'll move ahead of Boston in the East (maaaaybe? pleeease?).

No comments:

Post a Comment