Friday, October 18, 2013

State Rivalry.

A win in Philly feels better than almost anything. Well, except for a win at home.

.My nephew and I were talking about how it fun it was to be at the game in March in Philadelphia with our PA-divided family. I said to him, "One day we'll go to a game together in Pittsburgh. Picture everyone around you rooting your team. It's amazing."

And it's true. It's difficult to be a fan of a team outside of your local city. But to be in that minority and grab the win? Fantastic.

I've gotten so used to watching Center Ice games where I can opt for the Root Sports announcers. Watching Flyers commentators? Not my favorite. They did have praise for Flower, Sid and Geno, but it bothers me when they downplay Kunitz and Dupuis. The general comment (which was expressed last night) is that they are better because of Crobsy. Maybe so. I'm not discounting the fact that linemates can push you to your best, but their our merit can't (shouldn't) be downplayed. This is one of the (if not the) best line in hockey because of three key individuals.

Always good to see Max Talbot on the ice. Sure, he now plays for the enemy, but I think he's a pretty charasmatic, good guy. I remember watching a program where Sid takes the cup back to his hometown. Who was their with him? Max Talbot. I'd take Max back any day if we had room for him.I'm glad he's become a star in Philly though- he deserves it.

I (almost) felt bad for the Flyers. I know what it's like to have a team with only one win for the season. My football team is also looking for answers. I hope for the sake of their organization they can grab a few wins soon. But not ever when they play the Pens. During those games, they're welcome to completely fall apart =)

No comments:

Post a Comment